The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Facilitating teaching, learning and assessment activities for undergraduate emergency medical care students focusing on Physical Preparedness, Professional Practice and Emergency Medical Care in Prehospital Contexts.
- Participate in, and facilitate, clinical Learning and / or related WIL, simulated learning events and placements including the mentoring of students on the clinical learning platform.
- Development and refinement of online course materials.
- Organize and participate in physical fitness and swimming training including the conducting of related assessments.
- A PhD (NQF-10) or Masters’ degree in Emergency Medical Care (NQF-9)or an appropriate professional qualification in the field of emergency medical care. A successful incumbent (without a PhD qualification) will be required to commit to register for their PhD post commencement of duties.
- Five years registration with the HPCSA as an Emergency Care Practitioner.
- Two years clinical experience in an operational pre-hospital emergency care context.
- Two years’ experience in the education and training of health care professionals.
- Code B driver’s license.
- Candidates must be in a position to pass departmental physical fitness and swimming assessments.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as the ability to interact with colleagues.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and have a passion for clinical work and teaching.
- Knowledge of faculty and academic policies, rules, and regulations.
- Expertise in relevant approaches and models, analytical techniques, and methods.
- Experience with online and/or remote learning platforms.
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.