The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Provide strategic development, support, and reporting to the UJPGS division
- Provide timeous support and consultation to faculties regarding postgraduate matters where needed
- Develop and use database for ongoing diagnostics and benchmarking purposes regarding institutional and national postgraduate matters
- Determine, articulate, implement, and lead strategic initiatives to enhance the reputation and performance of the Postgraduate School division in line with the DVC: Research and Internationalisation’s strategic objectives.
- Management support
- Minimum of a Master’s qualification or equivalent
- Proven research in education preferably in postgraduate-related matters
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in higher education
- Advanced communication
- Analytical thinking
- Transformative abilities
- Conflict handling
- Proven experience in policy development, and support, benchmarking, and evaluation and project / programme management
- Prove experience in the use of technology, and information systems for management
- Management and high-level administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work to deadlines, and under pressure
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.