The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
- All correspondence from UJ staff relating to UCDP;
- Application screening and validation;
- The process around teaching relief appointments;
- Preparing journals and opening of cost centres for recipients;
- UCDG-budget oversight (currently a shared responsibility with the SD);
- UCDG reporting (currently a shared responsibility with the SD);
- Developing future UCDG grant applications to DHET (currently a shared responsibility with the SD).
- Maintaining relationships;
- Hosting events;
- Strengthening UJ's position within BRICS through partnerships and collaborative networks.
- Developing and driving targeted staff and postdoctoral fellow research productivity programmes that are tailored to specific environments and needs, including creative outputs.
- Assistance with statutory reporting.
- Any administrative or other functions as requested by the Senior Director.
- A Postgraduate qualification (NQF 8) with 3 years' relevant experience or relevant undergraduate qualification (NQF 7) with 5 to 8 years' relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of and insights into the Higher Education Sector
- Management experience and high-level administrative skills
- Meticulous, with attention to detail;
- Skilled in the use of OneDrive/ShareDrive, MS Teams, and other MS Office programmes;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to function both independently as well as within a team;
- Ability to function under pressure;
- Good verbal skills.