The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
- Diary Management
- Financial Management (Procurement such as ordering of supplies, facilitation of payments and related operations on Oracle and on I-Proc)
- Records management
- Making national and international travel arrangements
- Preparing documentation for meetings including compiling the agenda and minutes of meetings
- Compiling of reports
- Keeping office equipment functioning and in good working order
- Capturing temp appointments and claims on the Oracle system
- Handling of enquiries (telephonic, email, postal, walk-ins)
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellows applications
- Bursary applications
- Grade 12 (NQF4)
- Minimum of 3 years’ academic administrative experience within a higher education institution
- Proven computer skills in Windows and MS Office
- Experience in the coordination of meetings, compiling agendas and taking of minutes.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and ITS
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Documentation handling
- Working knowledge of MS office package and ITS
- Previous secretarial experience
- Previous experience as a Faculty Administrative Assistant/Faculty Assistant.
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.