The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- The Senior Manager: Shared Services is responsible to effectively manage stakeholders within JBS,
- Coordinate key projects, ensure effective management of JBS’ Schedule of Business and
- Ensure regulatory compliance and alignment with all the policies of the UJ in ICT, and infrastructure management.
- Ensures excellent relations with key internal and external partners and put in place systems that maintain them.
- Develop strategic partnership-building approaches with various stakeholders.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate Memoranda of Agreements/Understandings as may arise from engagement with relevant Stakeholders. And ensure timeous processing of related documents
- Oversee strategic planning and monitor performance against KPI’s
- Ensure compliance against SHEQ Act and maintain facilities in line with the stature of an international business school
- Advocacy for the objectives of the JBS Strategic Plan to the relevant stakeholders internally and externally.
- Represent the School and participate in management meetings, unit/operational committees and working groups with the various stakeholders on Shared Services related issues as and when required.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Relevant Postgraduate or Honours degree/ equivalent.
- Five (5) years senior management experience
- Three (3) years must be management experience in the multi-functional environment within Higher Education.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships and think critically.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Effective thought leadership as demonstrated through writing, presentations, and or/ participation in professional organisations
- Strong relationship-building and consulting skills
- Good computer skills i.e., Microsoft or Excel
- Successful track record building consensus and influencing senior leadership and stakeholders in order to implement strategy and achieve results in times that can be fast paced, pressurized and of high volume.
- Proven ability to build and sustain excellent relationships, through clear and effective communication, with all levels of management across functions and divisions within the University
- Ability to successfully develop, interpret, and apply policies and regulations in a complex university setting
- Ability to make complex decisions with high levels of discretion
- Calm under pressure and able to direct people and teams in emergency or high-stress situation and with rapid problem resolution capabilities
- Effective customer service, people management and team leadership skills
- Knowledge of higher education regulations, policies and procedures,
- Commercial/corporate business experience will serve as a recommendation.
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.