The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Manage the entire process for conducting surveys from planning and implementation to design and dissemination
- Develop and review survey instruments to be context relevant
- Manage all processes related to the data gathering, analysis and reporting
- Analyse data across longitudinal periods for trend analysis and reporting over years
- Perform data-scrubbing process, establish findings, produce survey reports and validate findings
- Serve as stewards of survey data and information
- Data gathering, analysis and interpretation in environmental scanning reports
- Collection of information from a variety of sources, both internal and external to evaluate environmental conditions and proposing possible environmental scenarios that could have an impact on UJ
- Benchmark and evaluate the university’s position in the broader landscape
- Develop reports for the environmental scanning
- Disseminate the environmental scanning updates to internal stakeholders
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in Higher Education by attending professional development training events, workshop, seminar and conferences (nationally and internationally), and context studies
- Undertake competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Contribute to cross-functional DIPEM projects
- Integrate HEMIS and operational data into institutional research projects
- A relevant Honours degree and 5 years’ proven experience in higher education;
- Sound knowledge of, insight into, and vision of the Higher Education sector;
- Significant experience and high-level administrative skills, along with the ability to develop and maintain good human relations;
- The ability to function under pressure and be responsive; and
- Unquestionable professional integrity, stature and abilities.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Logical reasoning
- Sound judgment
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English)
- Ability to collaborate in a team
- Emotional intelligence
- Financial literacy
- Good project management skills
- Technological affinity
- Excellent time management skills
- A Master’s degree (preferably in a field related to higher education)
- Working knowledge of HEMIS and HEDA
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.