The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Lecture social work subjects on the Bachelor programme
- Lecture clinical social work subjects on the Masters programme
- Facilitate social work internship classes
- Conduct own research and publish articles in accredited journals
- Supervise postgraduate students
- Be involved in relevant community engagement
- Share in academic and administrative tasks commensurate with academic level
- A Bachelor of Social Work degree
- A master’s degree in clinical social work
- At least three years’ post qualifying experience of social work practice
- At least three years’ experience of teaching, supervision and assessment in higher education, together with a clear teaching philosophy and evidence or examples of how this philosophy is implemented in practice
- At least two DoHET publication units with a focus on macro issues and/or practice
- Competence in social work theory and processes
- Competence in research methods
- Clinical social work knowledge
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Teaching and other academic skills.
- Management skills, including networking, conflict management, quality assurance.
- Administrative skills
- Supervision skills
- Post qualifying experience in clinical social work practice
- Evidence of significant contribution in the broader sector (e.g., national, or international social work, academic or research niche domains)
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.