The Centre for Academic Planning and Quality Promotion (CAPQP) is within the Division for Academic Planning, Quality Promotion and Academic Staff Development. The Centre is responsible for the approval processes for programmes and conducting quality reviews within the University. The Manager will be responsible for the overall work of the Centre, managing and overseeing both the programme development processes internally and externally (DHET, CHE and SAQA), and providing high level support and capacity delivery in quality assurance to academic and administrative staff, in other words, for all aspects of the quality assurance operations of the university.
- Management and coordination of internal and external reviews
- Coordination and management of self-evaluations for professional body and national reviews
- Provide support to faculties in meeting and responding to professional body accreditation requirements
- Manage and provide support to faculties in the development and submission of improvement plans arising from reviews
- Manage the provision of support across the academic planning processes (PQM, CHE and SAQA) within the institution, and maintain oversight of all DHET, CHE, SAQA processes and requirements
- Support faculties in reviewing and aligning academic processes to University, national and professional body policy;
- Advise and render support to faculties in all aspects of Quality assurance and Academic Planning.