The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
- Provide leadership in the unit in terms of policy implementation in relation to accreditation of privately owned student accommodation.
- Organize and manage evaluations of external privately owned properties in conjunction with Protection Services, Occupational Safety and all other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage relationship between UJ and accredited service providers to ensure compliance with the terms of the MOA
- Respond to student complaints, investigate and where necessary take remedial action and give feedback.
- Manage and compile a database of students residing in privately owned student accommodation.
- Ensure that the financial policies and procedures of the University are adhered to
- Control financial income and expenditure of POSA throughout the year. Ensure the employee personal growth by developing their ability to achieve more in the workplace, and meet the POSA unit strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure student development through student life programmes initiated by UJ.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/ B. Tech (NQF 7), or equivalent qualification is essential.
- Three (3) years’ experience in dealing with Student Accommodation in a University environment.
- Two (2) year experience in managing Student Life in residences.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Residences Admission and Placement.
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Act and Policy on minimum norms and standards for student housing at public universities.
- Knowledge of Rental Act of 1999.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the residence policies, processes and procedures regarding Privately Owned Student Accommodation;
- Team Player
- Excellent computer skills in Windows and MS Office.
- Driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use a high degree of initiative and sound judgement.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in property management, housing or estate agency.
- Leadership capabilities with a proven track record on administration
- Excellent people skills
- Knowledge of the UJ Regulations for STUDENT DISCIPLINE;
- Knowledge of the UJ STUDENT REGULATIONS;
- Knowledge of the National Building Regulations;
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.