The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Identify user requirements, evaluate whether requirements can be met given system functionality, develop and implement the HCM Information System.
- Continually research new technology and ermerging trends to improve system functionality and to meet the needs of clients.
- Develop and build reports so that clients can make effective use of the data.
- Extract data on request by clients for special projects.
- Analyse current data and identify problems within the data to ensure full and accurate reporting.
- Maintain relevant systems by creating code structures, logging service requests, rolling out patches, and resolving identified errors.
- Manage and/or maintain system administration functions to provide appropriate access to the various systems.
- Test systems to ensure effective and sustained functionality.
- Negotiate service provision with all clients and monitor to ensure service standards are met, in order to support users.
- Align the relevant systems with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Train system users to effectively utilise the system(s).
- Compile relevant documentation for various purposes, (e.g. test documentation of the system, training manuals).
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Provide system support to users.
- Support the implementation of HCM strategy (e.g. Implement systems that supports the HCM delivery model)
- Support the HCM projects executed by the team as appropriate.
- Coordinate and maintain stakeholder relationship to effectively manage the process/systems interdependencies.
- Ensure effective implementation of projects and related HR initiatives in conjunction with Centres of Excellence.
- Ensure effective reporting.
- Implement HCM business processes and adhere to compliance levels.
- Identify, report and monitor HCM system related risks (including potential risks) and develop strategies and implementation plans to minimise/eliminate risks/audit findings..
- Ensure compliance to HCM applicable policy and requisite documentation (e.g. System access forms).
- Forge and encourage close working relationships with all stakeholders which the unit has to service based on respective service level agreements.
- Comply to SLA terms as agreed with line.
- Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) in IT, Human Resources, Informatics or Information Systems
- At least 3-5 years experience working with Oracle applications
- At least 3-5 years experience working with Oracle HRMS
- At least 3-5 years experience working with other ERP (SAP, SAGE, Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- 3-5 years experience within an HCM environment and/or supporting HCM systems
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in Oracle HRMS modules, which includes: EBS Core, Self-Service, Learning Management and the Oracle Application Framework (OAF) Architecture
- Oracle knowledge and work experience on Interfaces, WEB ADIs, API's, Multiple Assignment, Standard Work Structure, SIT and EIT work structure.
- Knowledge and experience of relational database model, debugging fast formulas and workflows related to the Oracle HRMS.
- Working experience on gathering business requirements, writing functional and technical design documents.
- Understand HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes
- Knowledge and work experience of SQL and PL/SQL language
- Knowledge in developing Reports on Oracle.
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and OBIEE
- Knowledge of Project Management (PMBOK)
- Proficiency of the System Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Change Management skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong time management and Priorities management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management and applicable statutes
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Office 365)
- Good verbal and written skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience within the Higher Education environment
- HCM Oracle and/or relevant Certification
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.