The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Involvement in teaching (contact, blended and online) at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Playing a leading role in online teaching innovation
- Supervision of student research at Master’s and Doctoral level
- Involvement in national and international research projects
- Procurement of funding for research
- Involvement in core activities of the department such as academic administration, research, short-course development, marketing, and community projects
- A Master’s degree in Mathematics Education
- At least 5 years teaching experience in Mathematics at school level and/or any related field in teacher education at the tertiary level
- A track record of exemplary teaching (online teaching recommended)
- An emerging research footprint (presenting in local conferences/research forums)
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Well-developed scholarship of teaching and learning
- Adept at teaching and development of materials for online education
- A defined research trajectory that has resulted in good quality peer-reviewed publications in accredited journals
- Collaboration with leading scholars in Mathematics Education
- Teaching experience in Mathematics at school level and/or in the teacher education field at the tertiary level
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.