The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for the effective and efficient management and execution of the central research processes to drive the research agenda of the University via the Research and Innovation Division:
- Overseeing and managing the compilation and final submission of Research Output (RO) to the DHET
- Overseeing and managing the compilation and final submission of Creative Research Output (CRO) to the DHET
- Oversight and maintenance of the Research Output module on the InfoEd system to ensure data accuracy for reporting and researcher profiling.
- Oversee the compilation and final submission of accurate data of the R & D Survey to the HSRC for DST for national and international benchmarking.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree/B. Tech (NQF Level 7)
- Honours Degree (NQF Level 8) will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years working experience in a Higher Education environment.
- Five (5) years’ working experience in Research Management
- At least a minimum of Three (3) years working experience in a Supervisory role
- Strong administrative acumen
- Detailed orientated and accurancy
- Interpersonal skills
- Multi – tasking
- Planning and organising
- Project/time management
- Computer literacy (InfoEd, MS Office, Internet, Excel, Slide Presentations).
- Management of projects
- Administrative principles
- Insight into research management
- Operational strategy development
- Research management principles and procedures
- Governance, UJ policies and procedures.
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.