The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Index on the Kofax System
- Capture invoices on the Oracle system
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Ensure timeous and accurate payments to suppliers
- Monthly Age Analysis Report
- Follow up on all old outstanding Invoices
- Monthly filing of documents
- Timeous application of all prepayments
- Ensuring that all Audit Requirements are met timeously
- Payments for staff reimbursements and staff advances
- Payments for all international suppliers
- Manage the ongoing business relationship with Key Suppliers
- Manage the ongoing relationship with all end-users as well as students
- Ensure Compliance with UJ’s health, safety and environmental policies and standards
- Ensure Compliance with government legislative requirements
- Ensure Compliance with UJ’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure Compliance with UJ’s Supplier Code of Ethics
- Ensure Fully documented audit trails
- Ensure continuous improvement in Accounts Payable processes by monitoring, measuring, and benchmarking where appropriate.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders are further key elements in the continuous improvement process.
- Diploma/certificate in Finance/Accounting or similar at NQF 6
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounts payable environment
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with ERP systems or similar
- Strong experience with Reconciliations
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising
- Customer centric
- Great in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, and good negotiation skills
- Conflict management
- Interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Work independently and within a team environment
- High ethical standards
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.