• Postgraduate Degree with Accountancy, IT, or Management
• Minimum of five years of finance-related experience.
• Experience within a tertiary education environment.
• Minimum five years managerial experience within the Student Debtors and Bursaries environment.
• Advanced ITS and Oracle computer systems are highly recommended.
• Ability to perform complex data analytics – advanced excel skills.
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
• Good computer skills (MS Office Suite, ITS, Oracle).
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good presentation skills and attention to detail.
• Good planning, listening, and organizing skills.
• Excellent accounting abilities.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good people management skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles.
• Ability to work under pressure with large volumes of data.
• Good conflict management and decision-making skills
• Proficiency in English would be an advantage.
• Technical skills and Innovative ideas
ENQUIRIES REGARDING THE JOB CONTENT: Ms Morongwa Mametse (HR Business Partner) on 011 559 4014
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099
or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.