The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Apply relevant techniques to elicit, identify, define, document and manage user requirements related to user interactions.
- Peruse existing Functional Requirement Specifications to identify relevant UI components and UI specifications.
- Identify user stories and complete Use Cases to describe user interaction with the system being designed.
- Execute the relevant visual design stages, from conceptual wireframes to final prototypes that is programmed for a production ready website.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex website systems.
- Create storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and champion web designs to project stakeholders.
- Actively take part in system engineering design activities with special emphasis on the impact of the UI on the overall systems design.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote UI design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with team members and clients.
- Be situated at the Auckland Park Kingsway Campus, but not excluded from supporting all campuses
- Fulfil technical and administrative roles in the Department
- Focus on service delivery by assessing current web environment and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide guidance and consult UJ faculty content administrators
- Provide WordPress training to specific content administrators
- Report on UJ web statistics
- Help determine and recommend web solutions
- Innovate and enhance
- Collaborate and benchmark
- Administer and lead projects
- Use tools to enhance and streamline web experience
- Degree or any relevant qualification (NQF 7)
- 3 to 5 years’ job-related experience
- • Web design and web development
- • Design, implement and manage website using WordPress
- At least 3 years’ experience in prototyping or developing of UI solutions and/or web interfaces.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with large web sites.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS)
- At least 2 years’ experience in website hosting, SSL certificates, DNS and web security
- HTML 5
- C# Development (Advantageous)
- Python (Advantageous)
- Bootstrap (Advantageous).
- Photoshop or any relevant Graphical Design Package
- Adobe Photoshop or Figma
- Other Multimedia Development and Design Experience
- Proven relationship building skills
- Ability to take initiative and lead creative design discussions
- Good facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Team Player
- Able to transfer skills and knowledge (cross skilling and skills transfer)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level with attention to detail
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with business, IT Management, and technical resources
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Must be able to work under pressure
- High Troubleshooting skills
- Team player
- SharePoint Online
- Power Platform
- Basic IP network skills
- Linux and Microsoft operating system skills.
- Familiar with PowerShell or Azure CLI
- Power Automate Desktop
- Azure Admin Certified
- Azure Logic apps
- Troubleshooting skills
- Design Skills
- Ability to explain solutions
- Report Writing
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.