- Substantive academic stature, with a Masters’ qualification (or equivalent) as a minimum academic qualification.
- Extensive experience in information security management, system analysis and synthesis, enterprise architecture, software engineering/SDLC, life cycle management of systems and technology.
- Extensive executive management and leadership experience in Human Resources, especially talent management and transformation.
- Extensive executive management and leadership experience in Operations, including Campus Management, Protection Services and Property Management, with technical knowledge of and experience in the operational environment of large multi-dimensional organisations.
- In-depth understanding of current trends and developments related to the fields associated with the portfolio.
- Proven resource, project and contract management, strategic management and people management skills, with exceptional ability and resilience to function under pressure.
- Good administrative skills, along with the ability to develop and maintain excellent collaborative networks.
- Well-respected executive leader who is able to inspire and motivate the UJ community.
- Where applicable, professional registration with a relevant South African statutory body.
- Relevant PhD (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience within a tertiary environment.
Terms of appointment:
The position of Chief Operating Officer is a five (5) year contract appointment, with an executive-level remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications. The appointment may be renewed for a further term of office, subject to performance.
The normal retirement age for members of the Executive Leadership Group is 65. Consideration will be given to candidates who would be able to serve for a 5-year term.
To apply, please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a letter of motivation outlining a possible vision and strategic direction for the position you are applying for. The names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least 3 traceable and credible referees, should accompany applications.
Applications should be marked "Confidential" and addressed to the Executive Director: Human Resources, University of Johannesburg, PO Box 524, Auckland Park 2006 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Ms Tokoza Kwinana, email: email@example.com