The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
- A Doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline such as Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, MultiMedia, Advertising or Illustration
- Proven experience in teaching a variety of communication design projects, such as branding, brand activation, packaging, web design, wayfinding, illustration and photography at both under- and postgraduate level
- Proven experience in teaching communication design theory and research methodology
- Proven experience in postgraduate supervision
- Experience in module and/or academic year/ module administration
- Publication portfolio of at least three conference papers and two journal articles OR a portfolio of accredited creative outputs comprising at least five outputs of acceptable size/volume and scope OR an acceptable combination of accredited textual research and creative outputs
- Good working knowledge of Blackboard™, MS Word™ and Excel™
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud™ applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and After Effects)
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent English communication skills
- Self-motivated, inspirational and enthusiastic lecturer.
- Excellent time management and good organising, planning, and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that acknowledge different cultural perspectives
- The ability to work in a team context
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.