The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Conduct extensive activities to support and promote fourth industrial revolution initiatives;
- Teaching and administration responsibilities;
- Multidisciplinary teaching activities through collaboration with other faculties;
- Postgraduate education;
- Supervision of postgraduate students at masters and doctoral level;
- Develop the postgraduate education – research – innovation nexus, through mentoring of postgraduate students, yielding, through the Technology Transfer Office, to a culture of technology start-ups;
- Supervision and partnership with postdoctoral research fellows;
- Conduct leading research in areas aligned to 4IR producing recognised research outputs (ISI-/IBSS-listed journals, book chapters, books);
- Advance the discipline through community engagement and active participation in voluntary associations / professional societies;
- PhD and experience in areas aligned to the fourth industrial revolution e.g. Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, product development etc.
- At least five years’ experience in the academic environment.
- Strong interpersonal relationships;
- Analytical thinking;
- Strong academic character;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Registered professional engineer or eligibility for registration as a professional engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA).
- Researchers who are rated by the National Research Foundation (South Africa) or substantially at the level of researchers who are unequivocally recognised by their peers as leading international scholars in their field for the high quality and impact of their recent research outputs.
- Strong commitment to teaching, research and innovation;
- Noteworthy career in industry or academic institution;
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.