The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules
- Supervise postgraduate students’ research, including honours level research projects
- Conduct and publish own research within a research focus area of professional interest
- Fulfil leadership roles in the department
- Make a meaningful difference through community engagement
- Forge and maintain external professional networks
- A Master’s degree in Transport Economics/ Logistics Management/ Supply Chain Management (or the equivalent thereof. Applied Economics and Applied Statistics may also be considered)
- A PhD will be an added advantage
- Evidence of publications in high quality peer-reviewed research journals in the discipline
- Experience in teaching/training in at least one of the following fields of Transport Economics/ Logistics Management/ Supply Chain Management/ Economics/ Research Methodology/ Business Statistics modules at a reputable higher education institution, locally and/or internationally; ;
- Publications and/ or industry experience in Transport Economics/ Logistics Management/ Supply Chain Management
- Well-developed quantitative and/or qualitative research methodology skills
- Supervised research projects of post-graduate students successfully
- An excellent ability to speak and write in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Self-driven and a lifelong learner.
- Ability to work with teams
- Good leadership and team-oriented skills
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Practical experience in the field of transport economics/ logistics management/ supply chain management
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.